Online Undergraduate Registration
Register for Classes
Before registering, review your program evaluation, a tool to help track your degree progress, to see which courses are required to complete your degree. You’ll then need to check the term schedule for dates, times, and locations of the courses that interest you–new schedules are posted one week before registration begins. Lastly, contact your advisor to verify that the courses you’re interested in taking are the courses that are best for your degree goals.
Register through the CUH Portal
Nonmilitary students and military students who are not receiving Tuition Assistance or Veterans Benefits register for courses through the CUH Portal. Follow the instructions below to get started.
- Go to the Chaminade homepage: www.chaminade.edu
- Click “Portal” in the top left corner. (Go to the Portal directly: https://portal.chaminade.edu)
- Log in with your seven-digit student ID number and password.
- Go to the “WebAdvisor for Students” panel on the right side of the page.
- Select Registration, then select “Register for Classes.”
- Note: Evening and online students can only register for courses ending in -2.
- Example: BU 200-90-2 or PH 101-60-2.
- Note: Evening and online students can only register for courses ending in -2.
- Select the term, subject, and course number of the class. Click “Submit.”
- Term: 2015-2016 Summer Evening
- Subject: English
- Course Number: 101
Military Online Undergraduate Registration
Register with Tuition Assistance or Veterans Benefits
Army and Army Reservist
Tuition Assistance for Army can only be issued through the GoArmyEd website. Contact your Army Education Counselor or Education Center if you have questions or concerns.
Navy, Marines and Air Force
Eligible Active Duty students enlisted in the Navy, Marines or Air Force may request Tuition Assistance (TA) through their respective education center. Once you have received tuition assistance, submit your TA voucher to your Chaminade advisor as payment for course registration. Your advisor will register you for your chosen courses. For more information, and step-by-step application instructions, visit:
Request Veterans Benefits
To request Veterans Benefits, complete the Application for VA Education Benefits (22-1990) form, or complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) form if you have used your benefits at another institution.
As a Chaminade student receiving Veterans Benefits, you will need to request certification for your courses every term by completing the CUH VA29A form and submitting it to the VA Certifying Official on Campus. Learn more about Veterans Benefits at Chaminade by visiting https://www.chaminade.edu/military.
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Agreement
Chaminade University is a proud member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Degree Network System, which demonstrates the university’s commitment to providing quality education to military students and their families, civilian employees of the Department of Defense (DoD), Coast Guard members, and veterans.
SOC Serves as a contract-for-degree between the student and the college which:
- Protects against changes to degree requirements
- Shows credit earned through prior learning including military service
- Clearly describes the guaranteed transferability of a SOC DNS Degree Program
- Meets degree plan requirements for TA approval purposes
- Allows the student to change to a different degree
Note: Army students do not need to request a SOC agreement, as it is automatically uploaded to GoArmyEd.
Online Undergraduate Course Schedule
Financial Aid & Tuition Payment
Financial Aid & Tuition Payment Information
Chaminade students interested in being considered for federal grants and or loans must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Chaminade can help you access financial resources for college. In this section, you will learn how to access your Chaminade financial account, submit a Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), and apply for a tuition payment plan. Servicemen and servicewomen can learn how to apply for Tuition Assistance (TA) and Veterans Benefits. For further information on financing your education, visit our financial aid website.
Financial Aid and Payment Plan
Students interested in being considered for federal grants and or loans must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Also, learn about Chaminade’s tuition payment plan.
View Your Charges
Review qualification requirements for the Military Tuition Discount, view your financial account information, check your balance, and make online payments.
Find answers to your financial aid questions.
Using the Portal
From the CUH Portal you can manage your student account information, check your financial aid award, register for courses, and more. This section will show you how to access the CUH Portal and familiarize you with some of the resources and services available to you once you’ve logged in.
Log in to Your Portal
- To access Portal, first have your seven-digit CUH student ID number ready.
- Go to the Chaminade homepage and click “Portal” in Quick Links drop down menu; or go directly to the Student Portal.
- On the login page, enter your seven-digit CUH student ID number and password.
- Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number or your birthdate (MMDDYY). You can change your password after logging in.
- Once you have logged in, go to the “WebAdvisor for Students” panel on the right side of the page to view the online resources and services available to you.
Using Your CUH Portal
Here are some things WebAdvisor can do for you.
- Account information (address changes, ID information)
- Financial Information (view balance and make payments)
- Financial Aid (view financial aid package, request student loans)
- Registration (search for classes, add/drop classes)
- Academic Planning (view program evaluation)
- Academic Profile (view grades, GPA, class schedule)
- Communication (recent activity, contact your advisor)
Student Email Account
The Chaminade email account is one of the University’s official means of communication with students, faculty, and staff. Important information from Chaminade University and your faculty will be sent to your student email account. If you prefer to have emails sent to your student email account forwarded to another email account, follow the second set of instructions to do so.
Log in to Your Chaminade Student Email
Chaminade uses Gmail for all community email accounts. To log in to your email account, start by going to www.gmail.com.
- Enter your username: Firstname.Lastname@student.chaminade.edu
- Example: If your name is Jimmy Doe, your username will be Jimmy.Doe@student.chaminade.edu.
- Enter your password: Your default password will be capital “CUH” followed by your student ID number. Click, “Sign In.”
- Example: If your Chaminade ID number is 0123456, your default password will be, CUH0123456.
- Required Action: To verify that you’ve successfully logged in to your student email account, please send a test email to email@example.com.
Forwarding Chaminade Emails
Follow the steps below to forward emails from your Chaminade email account to your personal email account. Note: You may be required to send emails from your Chaminade email account, in some situations.
- Log in to your Chaminade Gmail account using the above instructions.
- Once you have logged in, click on the widget/gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Select the tab labeled Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click the button labeled Add a forwarding address.
- Enter your personal email address in the popup window.
- Click “Next.” A confirmation email will be sent to your personal email account to verify permissions.
- Log in to your personal email account and find the confirmation email in your inbox.
- Click the confirmation link.
- If you would like to change your email forwarding settings, you can do so at any time.
Learning Management Systems
Canvas is Chaminade’s online class platform and is the official LMS of Chaminade University. Students taking Chaminade courses online, or taking on-campus courses with online components, will likely need to use Canvas to access their course materials. Not all faculty members use Canvas to teach their online courses. Check your Chaminade email account, as your faculty member may have sent special instructions on what online resources the class will use throughout the term. If you do not see your courses in Canvas, keep in mind that courses do not appear until the weekend before the term begins.
Follow the instructions below to get started with Canvas.
- Go to https://chaminade.instructure.com
- Enter your username. Your username is your seven-digit CUH ID number.
- Enter your password. Your password is the same as your CUH Portal password used during course registration.
- Remember to click Profile, then Settings to set up your profile and add additional contact email addresses and mobile text to enhance your future notifications in Canvas
- One you’ve logged in, you can view Student Orientation Course to learn how to use the system. Click Help and Search the Canvas Guides for additional information on Canvas and the many tools inside Canvas
For a quick “How To” overview of Canvas, watch this tutorial: http://canvasorientation.weebly.com/
If you have forgotten your portal password, click the “I forgot my ID” link and follow the prompts to reset your password. Note: You may need to wait 24 hours after resetting your password to re-attempt logging on.
Your faculty member may prefer to use other software applications, such as the Google Apps suite, to manage course materials. Consult your course syllabus or contact your instructor for more information.
Tips for Success
Preparing for the start of a new semester can be overwhelming for students, whether you’re beginning again after a break, or just beginning. There are so many forms, accounts, best practices, and dates to keep in mind that it’s easy to feel like you are forgetting something. The 10 tips below will help you prioritize your to-dos and set you up for success.